Anorexia | Bulimia | Binge Eating Disorder | Orthorexia | Over-Exercising
You're creative, intelligent and passionate. Your quirky personality thirsts to learn new things and to create a life that accurately reflects who you are. You know a lot about yourself, but your struggle with food and body get in the way of reaching your full potential.
Ready for the anti-diet?
If you can’t stop restricting, binging and purging. If you're struggling with your relationship with food. If you hate your body, it sometimes feels like you’re the only one and you’re left feeling isolated and alone. We can help you find the strong parts of yourself that want to end this war. Together, we will untangle your relationship with food.
Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment
We know how to help!
We have specialized training and experience helping people through eating disorders.
We use various modalities besides talk therapy to help you heal: EMDR, Yoga Therapy, DBT Skills and Solution Focused Therapy to help you quiet your inner critic so you can love your body and enjoy food again! We provide outpatient eating disorder treatment for bulimia support, anorexia support, binge eating support and other food and body difficulties. Contact us here for a free 15 minute phone consultation. If you’re looking for help with eating disorder relief, schedule your first session at our Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr or West Chester office, click here:
You are stressed out about your body. You've dieted, you've cut sugar and carbs and fats and gone paleo and tried Weight Watchers and maybe some of it helped for a while, but it didn't work out. Maybe you know you have an eating disorder, but maybe you're not quite sure. You think about your body a lot and don't like what you see. Everyone around you seems to be on some diet or exercise program and you find yourself enticed to try one program after another, but you know you're not happy with yourself and if you keep going the way you're going, you'll find yourself alone with your scale and your hatred for your body.
DID YOU KNOW THAT DISORDERED EATING COMES IN MANY DIFFERENT FORMS? NOT ALL FOOD ISSUES ARE AS OBVIOUS AS YOU MIGHT THINK.
Symptoms of Diet Culture and disordered Eating:
• Exercising more than your body is comfortable with
• Trying to burn off all the calories you've eaten
• Using teas, pills, certain foods and other laxatives to try to clean out the food you've eaten
• pinching parts of your body to see how fat they are
• measuring parts of your body
• eliminating certain types of foods or various food groups like sugar or flour
• Cutting food into tiny pieces
• Eating really slowly
• Only eating clean or pure foods that are free-range, organic, dairy-free, gluten-free, process-free, etc.
• Chewing food and spitting it out
• Going on juice cleanses and other cleanses
• Not eating after a certain hour at night
• Only eating food if it feels "worth it" and/or "perfect"
• Eating fat-free or diet everything
• Eating past when you are full
• Eating when you are not hungry
• Not knowing when you're hungry or full
• Eating a large amount of food in a short amount of time
If you relate to any of the behaviors on this list and would like someone to speak with about this, contact us here now for an appointment at our Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr or West Chester locations.